Current Emergency Information
This site and map will be updated as emergencies evolve with important emergency information, including evacuation orders, shelters, road closures, and more.
Go to the KnowYourZoneMendo map and type in your address to find your zone.
Partner Twitter Feeds
- CA State Parks North Coast Redwoods @norcostateparks
- Mendocino County Office of Education @mendocinoCOE
- California Explorer Search & Rescue @Cal_ESAR
- The North Bay IMT @nbimt3
- CAL FIRE Mendocino @Calfire_MEU
- Lake County Office of Emergency Services @LakeCountyOES
- CHP @CHPHQ
- CA Earthquakes @QuakesInCA
- U.S. National Tsunami Warning Center @NWS_NTWC
- National Weather Service Sacramento @NWSSacramento
- National Weather Service Eureka, CA @NWSEureka
- Adventist Health UV @MyAHUV
- County of Mendocino @Countymendocino
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention @cdcgov
- USGS Earthquake Notification Service for N. CA @usgs_EQ_Norcal
- CA Governor’s Office of Emergency Services @Cal_OES
- CAL FIRE @cal_fire
- airnow @airNow
- U.S. EPA @EPA
- Caltrans District 1 @CaltransDist1
Know your Zone Mendo
Evacuating portions of the county or local jurisdiction may be required in the event of an emergency. Evacuations protect life by keeping people clear of hazardous conditions. The evacuation zones are based upon topographic, infrastructure, threat, and census data. If an evacuation is ordered, officials will reference the evacuation zone name in the public messaging. Go to the KnowYourZoneMendo map and type in your address to find your zone.
- Don’t wait. If you feel unsafe, evacuate.
- Evacuate early to avoid heavy traffic.
- If you are instructed to leave, do so.
- Continue to follow public notifications and local media for the latest evacuation information.
- Throughout fire season maintain at least a ½ tank of gas, keep entertainment items for children in the car, and supplies for pets ready to go.
- If a “shelter in place” is ordered, close your windows and doors, bring pets inside, and seek shelter in an interior room as appropriate.
Mendocino County Road Closures
(Mendocino County Department of Transportation)
State Highway Closures (Caltrans)
PG&E Electricity Outages
PG&E Natural Gas Outages
City of Ukiah Power Outages (City of Ukiah residents only)
City of Ukiah residents can call the City of Ukiah’s 24-Hour Power Outage Hotline at (707) 463-6288
Citizen Connect is a tool that allows anyone to research calls for service that have occurred within the jurisdiction of the Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office. Incidents are calls that have been dispatched to officers or were officer-initiated. This information is updated daily and can be filtered by date, location, and call type. All addresses are centered on the block of occurrence and not at specific addresses to protect the privacy of those involved. Only addresses that can be verified can be plotted. Certain call types such as child abuse, and sexual battery are not displayed due to the sensitive nature of these incidents.
Link: Citizen Connect
Visit your school district’s website for the latest school closure information:
One Marcela Drive
Willits, CA 95490
700 River Drive
Fort Bragg, CA 95437