Recovery consists of the immediate, short, and long-term actions taken in the aftermath of a disaster to assist in restoring the community. Recovery is a gradual process! Safety and mental and physical well-being across our community are key during disaster recovery.
Who Can Help?
In cases of wide-scale need, the Mendocino County Office of Emergency Services will work with other government representatives/agencies and community partners to:
- Coordinate with local government agencies, public safety officials, nonprofit organizations, and elected officials to secure public facilities (such as emergency shelters).
- Identify government assistance for special needs populations.
- Obtain emergency food and water supplies.
The local American Red Cross and Salvation Army are invaluable partners to address immediate needs following disasters. These organizations may be able to assist with sheltering or hotel vouchers, food/water, and clothing.
Insurance is the first resource in recovering from a disaster. Contact your insurance agent or company representative to report your losses, review your coverage, and answer any questions. The California Department of Insurance assists with insurance issues and can be reached by calling 1-800-927-HELP (4357) or by visiting the CA Department of Insurance.
If there is an official disaster declaration for your area, visit disasterassistance.gov to find information, support services, and ways to access and apply for disaster assistance. Assistance can include:
- Individual assistance for affected individuals, households, or businesses may come in a variety of ways, including government and/or nonprofit, volunteer and faith-based organizations.
- Public assistance to state agencies, local governments, special districts, and eligible non-profit organizations impacted by a disaster may be available.
- Small Business Association Disaster Loans are low-interest loans to help businesses, non-profit organizations, homeowners, and renters affected by declared disasters.
- Damage Report – February/March 2023 Snow Storms
- Private Snow Removal Heavy Equipment Resources
- Mendocino County Recovery
- California Department of Insurance
- Cal OES Recovery Division
- FEMA Programs to Support Disaster Survivors
- FEMA Individual Assistance
- FEMA Public Assistance
- Small Business Administration Disaster Loan Assistance